7 reasons why preventative maintenance (PM) matters:
- PM will save you money. PM will undoubtedly save any business money in the long term. Regular maintenance will identify issues early before they become a major issue. The simple replacement of wearing parts will help prolong the life of your equipment and give you trouble free running and peace of mind.
- Safety. Poorly maintained equipment will always run the risk of developing a fault. For example, with any high powered electrical system there is always the risk of overheating, or in the worst case scenario, a fire. A regular PM plan will ensure that people and buildings remain safe and that you remain within the law.
- Improvements in system efficiency. Like a car, mechanical parts require regular checks. An engineer will look at all components, lubricants, filters, belts and mechanical and electrical parts for signs of deterioration and wear. Regular PM will ensure equipment runs optimally and efficiently.
- Records & Accreditation. If you are a member of a trade association or similar organisation, like SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval) or BRC, you are often required to show evidence of a regular maintenance regime to retain your accreditation. You may also find that your insurance policies could be affected if you do not have records of ongoing maintenance, which could invalidate future claims.
- Emergencies and breakdowns. Poorly maintained equipment is a common cause for breakdowns and without maintenance cover, call-outs can be expensive, not to mention inconvenient – putting at risk your ability to deliver for your customers.
- Warranty cover. If you’ve invested in new equipment most of it comes with a standard or extended warranty. However, many warranties are only valid if regular maintenance has been carried out. So if you have a major breakdown and you have not regularly maintained your system, you could be looking at a larger than expected bill, in addition to the unexpected inconvenience and business delays.
- Peace of Mind and Value for money. Knowing that your equipment is safe and running optimally will give you a great deal of comfort. If Padgate Services provide you with regular maintenance, they will know your equipment inside out and be able to anticipate problems and /or resolve them quickly – saving you time and money in the long-term and helping you sleep well at night!